Light-emitting diodes (LEDs) produce a very bright white light (in excess of 100 lumens per Watt) – and they can emit that light over a wide range of power input, allowing for adjustable-output light sources.
LEDs are perfect for portable lighting applications due to the following characteristics:
- Extreme resistance to vibration and shock, making them virtually unbreakable
- Cree® and Lumileds® have a rated lifetime in excess of 50,000 hours plus; standard 5mm Nichia® bulbs have a rated lifetime of 8,000 hours prior to failing
- A light source that never needs replacing, as opposed to incandescent bulbs
- High level of energy efficiency, drawing less current and conserving battery power
- Wide range of color options available for optimal application flexibility, including blue, green, red, amber, ultraviolet, Infrared and white
- LEDs project light forward for more direct and efficient illumination versus incandescent bulbs
- Small size empowers product developers with a platform for more compact flashlight designs
These advanced features make LEDs the first choice for military, professional and outdoor lighting. Energizer’s strategic partnerships with Cree, Lumiled and Nichia, – the leaders in LED innovation – ensure that we have access to the most advanced technology available in the marketplace.